More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products and help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets, environmental certificates and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network. We are a young-minded company with 170+ ambitious people from all over the world, all working in an open environment where no day is ever the same.
What you’ll do:
The Group Controller will be part of the Finance leadership team of ACT Commodities Group, a Sales & Trading company with an international product and client portfolio operating out of Europe, USA and China.
ACT Commodities Group (HR & IT driven organisation) is a double-digit growth company, with a strong focus on business development and organic growth. This makes it a very dynamic, fast pace & international environment, which reflects in the job as well. The Group Controller is responsible for Internal and External stakeholders, Financial Reporting, Internal Control & Tax on Group level. By providing Accounting & Reporting services, supporting a strong compliance framework, and effective governance to enable entrepreneurship and safeguard our operating entities.
- Manage the Group Control process, functional line with the Financial Directors of all entities.
- Project management, IFRS, Performance Management Tooling, ERP migration, Business Development
- Ensure training and knowledge development of internal stakeholders
- Maintain the FRM Framework in consultation with Compliance
- Group Consolidation and Reporting (approx. 10 legal entities)
- Tax Planning, drafting of position papers together with advisors
- Manage analysis and review of the Balance Sheet and P&L
- Manage balance sheet controls (checks, accruals, provisions, reconciliation) on Group Companies
- Manage the month- and year-end closing according to applicable deadlines for the Group
- Ensure reliable, timely and complete financial group control reports and annual accounts in accordance with applicable Accounting principles (conversion NL GAAP to IFRS/Fair Value
- Implementation of Reporting & Consolidation tooling (Anaplan) / Digetic?)
- Ensure compliance towards legal entity requirements
- Ensure compliance towards applicable statutory regulations
- Ensure and co-develop the Internal Control System and its related policies and procedures for the Group
- Develop and maintain accounting policy and group chart of accounts
- Responsible for audit planning and engagement
- Overall coordination of Audit process
- Alignment with business stakeholders (e.g. Heads of Finance, Legal, HR, Board)
- Alignment with business partners, shareholders
- Chartered Accountant (RA, ACCA, CPA)
- At least 10 years’ experience and achieved success within financial control and accounting
- A ‘hands on’ work style, comfortable with the detail, and able to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic issues as required
- A finance professional, able to operate at senior level (internal and external) on financial issues and also in related commercial, strategic and organizational matters
- Ability to manage people, activities and processes towards strict deadlines
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of and experience with NL GAAP, IFRS and fair value accounting
- IT system experience (implementation and/ or improvement)
- Experience in the commodity trading industry is a big plus
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme;
- Business- and communication-related trainings;
- Relocation budget (when applicable);
- Exciting quarterly target incentives;
- Kickboxing and football;
- In-house Life Coach.