More about the job
Who we are
We are a pioneer in an industry that has not yet been shaped by technology trends. We combine unparalleled financial markets with environmental and sustainability markets experience. You will be part of an existing software start up that will open the access to these markets and will increase efficiency.
The new platform will strive to facilitate global trade of environmental products and help clients access environmental and sustainability markets to achieve their objectives through products such as carbon offsets and environmental certificates. We are already working on designing value adding services to the global industry and establish ourselves as the portal to environmental and sustainability markets. We are a software start up that is looking for aggressive growth and disrupting the market through value innovation-based business models. Any new team member will have the opportunity to shape the culture and future we are creating. They say it is not a job when it is also a hobby and something you would do for fun!
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will work together with UX designers, product managers, customers, backend Engineers, and other stakeholders to produce the best UI/UX for the end consumers. We put the user experience front and centre and you will need to really know our customers, their needs, and problems that they seek to solve. The development of the Platform UI starts from scratch, and so you will have an opportunity to influence the architecture, technology choices, look and feel and interaction design. You will setup and support the entire development lifecycle of the frontend components, from initial design and to running them in production. At the end of the day, it is up to you to setup virtually all aspects of the frontend development process.
Your primary responsibility is to nurture the frontend components of the platform from scratch. Since we are just starting out, it is important that you possess an open attitude to performing full stack activities too and don't have an allergy to the backend work.
- Support the development lifecycle of frontend components, that will communicate with numerous backend services in unidirectional and bidirectional ways;
- Own the development, testing, build, deployment, configuration, and the monitoring processes;
- Communicate with different Stakeholders (End Users, Management Team, Product Managers, UX designers, Marketing and Sales Managers, etc.) to define the requirements for the UI/UX and provide your feedback;
- Take the responsibility for the frontend components, their delivery and quality;
- Support the technical documentation for developed applications;
- Use your interpersonal skills to help setup the best possible development culture in the company;
- Along with other senior engineers, be the pillar that product development stands on.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a Developer role;
- Deep knowledge of React and its ecosystem. Experience with Angular and Vue.js is a plus;
- Experience building responsive layouts;
- Excellent knowledge of unit/integration testing and testing frameworks/tools;
- Great understanding of HTTP/2, grpc, REST;
- You have a strong understanding of accessibility (A11y) and W3C standards and WCAG guidelines, e.g. semantic markup and WAI-ARIA to support assistive technologies;
- Knowledge of and practical experience with tools like NPM, Yarn, Webpack, etc.;
- Good knowledge in event-driven, distributed, scalable systems;
- Good knowledge of both relational and non-relational database systems;
- Experience and openness to perform DevOps related activities (setup CI/CD, monitoring, configuration, etc.);
- Experience working on Linux-like systems;
- Strictly don't have the "Not my problem" attitude;
- Openness and ability to work on the backend part of the platform.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience working in a Financial Industry
- Experience with Design Thinking methodology or similar frameworks
- Experience with component libraries such as Material-ui
- Good knowledge of reactive programming and tools like RxJS
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
- Good knowledge of messaging systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc)
- Experience with at least one primary Cloud provider (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience and/or wish to lead small teams
- Skills in backend development using Java/Kotlin, Go, Python and corresponding frameworks
- Good understanding of computer networking
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme
- Business- and communication-related trainings
- Relocation budget (when applicable)
- Exciting quarterly target incentives
- Kickboxing and football
- In-house Life Coach