More about the job
Who we are:
At ACT Commodities we trade environmental products. What does that mean? We help our clients reach their environmental and sustainability objectives through trading products such as carbon offsets (CERs and VERs), Green Certificates (electricity/gas), and many others. We help our clients maximize their profits whilst reducing risk by utilizing our knowledge and network.
In this position you will work together with the Trader(s) and (Quant) Analyst(s) and be involved in Portfolio Management and Trading Research.
- You will learn to understand the dynamics of the environmental commodity markets by working closely together with the Trader(s) and assisting them in their daily trading operations
- You will help analyzing data and market sentiment and collaborate with the Quant Analysts on research that leads to new trading ideas
- You will get aware of all active internal systems and trading policies
- A Master's degree (or about to graduate) in preferably a quantitative field for example in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Sciences
- Excellent numerical and problem solving / analytical skills.
- Strong interest in financial markets, demonstrated through attended courses at university and trading (work) experience
- Strong communication and team-working skills
- The eagerness to learn new skills, such as programming and researching to improve our existing trading strategies and find new strategies
- A proactive work approach
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Living in or able to move to Amsterdam
We are offering
- Full-time internship position with allowance and a duration of 3 to 6 months
- International oriented and dynamic work environment, with lots of opportunities to learn
- Working experience at a leading sales and trading organisation
- Enthusiastic and entrepreneurial team
- Exciting target incentives
- In-house Life Coach