More about the job
ACT Fuels is connected to an extensive global network of buyers and producers of petroleum fuels and biodiesel, which enables us to serve our large international client base.
Thanks to our long-term relationships with most of the European biofuel producers, petroleum companies, refineries and industrial end-users, we have both the knowledge to serve well and the ability to act fast in response to our clients’ diverse needs. At ACT Fuels we have a strong focus on satisfying our clients’ quality specifications, delivery requirements and payment terms.
As a Senior Barge/Vessel Operator you will be part of our experienced Operations team who takes care of everything from contract approval to the final delivery of the product. You will have the full responsibility to carry out operations and logistical services for a specific product group in the international oil market.
- Ensuring that all obligations arising from a contract are controlled and carried out;
- Deal daily with customers, freight counterparties, terminals, inspectors;
- Plan, prepare and nominate cargoes and monitor progress of imports/barges/vessels;
- Ensure smooth operations in order to avoid supply disruption and minimize demurrage costs;
- Ensure adherence to custom clearance, internal audit guidelines and fulfill document requirements and filing;
- Ensure that all operational information is entered into our Operating systems on a day-to-day basis and ensure that adequate records are kept meeting the company's legal and fiscal obligations;
- Alignment with internal business stakeholders (e.g. traders, back-office, business control, financial control, treasury).
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business/Administration and Economics, or related studies;
- At least 6 years of experience within Barge/Vessel operations and logistics;
- Experience with liquid bulk cargo
- A clear communicator with excellent problem solving and stress management skills combined with a pro-active attitude
- Excellent administrative skills with eye for detail and efficiency;
- Strong proficiency in Excel;
- Experience in the oil and/or commodity trading industry is a plus;
- Excellent knowledge and use of English (written and spoken).