Who we are
We are a pioneer in an industry that has not yet been shaped by technology trends. We combine unparalleled financial markets with environmental and sustainability markets experience. You will be part of an existing software start up that will open the access to these markets and will increase efficiency.
The new platform will strive to facilitate global trade of environmental products and help clients access environmental and sustainability markets to achieve their objectives through products such as carbon offsets and environmental certificates. We are already working on designing value adding services to the global industry and establish ourselves as the portal to environmental and sustainability markets. We are a software start up that is looking for aggressive growth and disrupting the market through value innovation-based business models. Any new team member will have the opportunity to shape the culture and future we are creating. They say it is not a job when it is also a hobby and something you would do for fun!
As a Senior Backend Engineer you will be responsible for the full development cycle starting from designing your software to testing, deploying and supporting it in production. As the environment we work in is completely greenfield, you will have an opportunity to influence the decisions, processes, technologies, and solutions. You are expected to take an active part in a communication with End Users, Product Owners, and other Stakeholders. You need to deeply understand the problems that the Product is solving, and not just go through the list of the tickets in the backlog. On contrary, you will have a chance to provide your input and thoughts about how the product should develop and implement your owns ideas.
Since we are setting up a lot of the processes now, many things are yet to be defined and are not set in stone. You need to be pragmatic and agile. You need to be willing to discover new areas and/or opportunities and take them.
The list of key responsibilities that are clear already is below:
• Develop the platform from scratch, having an opportunity to influence literally any aspect of its lifecycle
• Communicate with different Stakeholders (End Users, Management Team, Product Managers, UX designers, DevOps, Marketing and Sales Managers, etc.) in order to provide/request input about the features, use cases, and requirements for the product, etc.
• Actively participate in investigating new technologies and making technological choices for the product
• Be responsible for the design, development, and testing of entire sub-systems and individual components
• Develop distributed, scalable and highly available sub-systems and system as a whole
• Run, monitor and support systems and components in production in the cloud environment(s) (AWS/GCP/Azure)
• Be responsible for the quality of the produced code and solutions. Perform unit-testing, integration-testing, e2e testing, performance testing, etc
• Be an excellent team player, caring about the atmosphere and culture in individual teams and company as a whole
• Consult, help, and grow members of the team
• Support the documentation for the architecture and components developed
• Once the team grows and should you have leadership skills/ambitions - lead the sub-teams
• Along with other senior engineers, be the pillar that product development stands on
• Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience in a Senior Developer role
• Understand and have a practical experience in software architecture
• Deep knowledge in the area of (event-driven) web services development
• Experience in designing, building, and running distributed and scalable cloud-based systems
• Excellent knowledge of both relational and non-relational database systems
• Experience and openness to perform DevOps related activities (configure CI/CD, support infrastructure, install tools, database management, monitoring, etc.)
• Experience working on Linux-like systems
• Strictly don't have the "Not my problem" attitude.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working in a Financial Industry
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm
• Experience with cloud provisioning/configuration management tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
• Experience with SQL (Postgres, MySQL, SQL Server, etc) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.)
• Experience with Messaging systems like RabbitMQ, Kafka, SQS, Cloud Pub/Sub, etc.
• Experience with monitoring tools like DataDog, Prometheus, Grafana, etc.
• Experience and/or wish to lead small teams
• Good understanding of computer networking
What we offer
• Competitive remuneration and bonus scheme
• Business- and communication-related trainings
• Relocation budget (when applicable)
• Exciting quarterly target incentives
• Kickboxing and football
• In-house Life Coach