More about the job
As the world moves towards a more sustainable future, ACT Commodities capitalizes on this shift. We trade energy efficiency certificates as well as other products on the environmental commodities market. We are a ‘go for gold’ company and we’re looking for those who want to carve their path and make a difference.
Do you have experience in the Carbon market and can you combine analysis and business development to discover new markets and products? Are you ambitious, analytical, and curious about global commodity trading?
The Strategist role is crucial in the building and development of the business. Your job will be about understanding a complex and dynamic market place where changing legislation, product availability, and client requirements add up to opportunities for developing new market products. You get to do it all, from building client relationships through your excellent cold calling and sales skills to identifying and sourcing suitable products and creating new market opportunities.
What you'll do:
- Undertake research and analysis across a wide range of commodity markets to apply expertise to the traders;
- Lead components of project delivery, under guidance from management & traders;
- Liaise with the traders to ensure and maintain current knowledge of major drivers and trends across commodity markets;
- Gather carbon market data and policy information to identify industry trends and develop strategic insights;
- Help to identify new sources of business to develop new trading desks or new ways of trading products;
- Attend conferences and exhibitions to keep on track with the latest carbon policy developments.
Who you are:
- Masters graduate of Environmental Management, Sustainability, Business, Finance, or another relevant study with a focus on environmental or sustainability topics;
- An affinity for carbon markets with knowledge of carbon products related to the Paris Agreement, and project-based carbon standards;
- Fluent in English and preferably in one of the following languages: German, Spanish, or Portuguese;
- Intellectually curious and able to demonstrate structured problem solving and analytical skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Aptitude for taking initiative, a commercial and creative mind with an entrepreneurial attitude;
- Motivated and pragmatic individual who goes off the beaten path.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration and discretionary performance bonus;
- Collective health insurance discount and corporate pension scheme;
- 25 vacation days per calendar year;
- NS Business card (depending on your residence);
- Target incentives (company weekend, themed dinners, gifts);
- Kickboxing and football;
- Company training for communication and personal development;
- In-house Life Coach.