About AQR Capital Management
AQR is a global investment management firm built at the intersection of financial theory and practical application. We strive to deliver superior, long-term results for our clients by seeking to filter out market noise to identify and isolate what matters most, and by developing ideas that stand up to rigorous testing. Underpinning this philosophy is an unrelenting commitment to excellence in technology — powering our insights and analysis. This unique combination has made us leaders in alternative and traditional strategies since 1998.
AQR takes a systematic, research-driven approach, applying quantitative tools to process fundamental information and manage risk. Our clients include institutional investors, such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations and sovereign wealth funds, as well as financial advisers.
AQR Capital Management Engineering is seeking a junior engineer for a Platform Engineering team in Bangalore. This position allows plenty of opportunity for growth, innovative thinking and designing solutions that directly address business needs. The successful candidate will have a wide array of technical experience in the Linux ecosystem, with a focus on Private/Public Cloud and Infrastructure as Code. Comfort in working directly with business users, developers and infrastructure teams is a key aspect of this position. You will:
- Research and recommend innovative products, services and solutions for both existing and emerging needs, with a heavy emphasis on AWS based technologies
- Improve existing and implement new automation processes to facilitate AWS and On-Premise services. Ability to implement full project Lifecyle, from gathering end user requirements to full production release and updates
- Advanced understanding of Linux systems and issues related to maintaining a Hybrid Cloud environment
- Effectively resolve advanced requests from developers and Infrastructure. Possess a wide understanding of technology layers and ability to correlate data to address issues in AWS and On-Premise based infrastructure and services
- Maintain an infrastructure that showcases your ability to deliver world-class service for a rapidly evolving firm
What You’ll Bring
- A minimum of 3 years of Systems/Platform Engineering
- One or more AWS Certifications preferred
- Server and Serverless AWS Services preferred (EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, ActiveMQ, RDS etc)
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing Linux systems (CentOS/RHEL, Amazon Linux etc.)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions, e.g. Terraform, Cloudformation, Troposphere, AWS CDK, etc.
- Experience with Ansible or other Configuration Management solutions is required
- Understanding of Git workflows and exposure to collaboration on software projects with other team members. Experience with providing code reviews
- Scripting or programming background is required (Python, Bash)
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools preferred (Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity)
- Experience with AWS strongly preferred. Other Cloud technology exposure would be considered
- Exposure to Infrastructure and Application monitoring tools (Zenoss, Elastic Search, New Relic, DataDog etc)
- Exposure to container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) is preferred
- Understanding of networking concepts (IP addressing, DHCP and DNS, NTP) and diagnostic tools (tcpdump/ethtool)