In view of heightened expectations from regulators and to ensure a strong and consistent global control environment, the Markets and Securities Services business continues to enhance the In-Business Risk & Controls function.
This role will report to the Commodities In-Business Risk & Controls lead and will primarily focus on – but not be limited to - the delivery of the Regulatory Inventory Mapping (RIM) Initiative. This will include assisting in the identification, design and implementation of controls to address regulatory requirements and risks areas applicable to the Commodities business.
This is an exciting opportunity for a practically minded, seasoned professional with some understanding of front office controls and a keen interest to learn more and to make a difference and shape our Global Markets business for the future.
The incumbent will need to work closely with the other In-Business Risk & Controls teams as well as interact with Front Office functions and various other groups including Compliance, Legal, Operations, Technology, Risk and Finance.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the key regulations and rules applicable to the Commodities business. This includes developing a deep understanding of the related risks.
- Identify any gap in controls and assist in the design and implementation of new controls to ensure compliance with the regulations.
- Ensure key regulations and rules are monitored adequately within the MCA (Manager Control Assessments)
- Develop and implement new / enhanced Surveillance alerts scenarios
- Maintain and further enhance existing controls and governance processes for Commodities (e.g. Benchmarks, Low Touch Algorithm…)
- Produce, enhance and automate (as required) reporting tools and Management Information materials
- Collaborate with front office and related Functions partners to investigate and resolve control issues.
- Attend governance forums and take minutes as required
- Provide support to stakeholders and control functions on an ad-hoc basis (e.g. Compliance inquiries)
- Ensure procedures, process notes and other documentation are up-to-date and applied to adequately
- Engage in additional Workstreams as required
- Gaining knowledge about Commodities business and Front Office processes and controls
- Developing technical skills through process improvement and automation
- Working with people from different functions, countries, and diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced degree preferred in accounting, risk, finance, business or legal disciplines.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in working within a risk, control, compliance, legal or audit function.
- Knowledge of Commodities business and/or applicable regulations preferred
- Strong knowledge of self – assessment programs and operational/conduct risks.
- Must be attentive to details and adaptive
- Problem solving and analytical skills required
- Advanced Excel, PowerPoint skills required. Database management skills preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication. Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner to senior and project stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization and across different businesses and geographic locations
- A proactive and “no surprises” approach in communicating issues
- Range of experience demonstrating flexibility in skillset and approach
- Excellent planning and task management skills; capable of seeing the bigger picture as well as strong focus on day-to-day execution. Capable of juggling multiple and changing priorities.
- Ability to create sustainable processes in a BAU environment to ensure ongoing regulatory compliance.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - GB
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.