How You Can Make An Impact
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of all middle and back-office applications for our next-generation platform. You will focus on all aspects of the trade lifecycle including post-trade allocation, reconciliations (intraday and daily) and settlement. The new platform will be an integral part of our trading system and will touch all aspects of our trading stack including drop copy, market data, risk, and UI. The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging technology to solve complex technical problems and owning their solutions within a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment.
What You'll Need
- Lead the data processing initiative including data loading, normalizing and reporting
- Propose and develop applications and tools to facilitate operational efficiency and reduce risk through workflow and process automation
- Design and develop middle and back-office systems to ensure data accuracy
- Produce daily and intraday internal reports including PNL reconciliations and settlement reconciliations
Who We Are
- BS in Computer Science or another STEM-related field of study
- 5+ years of experience in a mid-back office software development position required
- Demonstrated experience with the design and development of middle and back-office applications and systems required
- Strong programming experience in C#, Java, and Python required; proficiency with scripting languages preferred
- Relevant experience with modern web-based technologies (Angular, React, Vue, Python-Django, Redux, Express.js, Node.js)
- Working knowledge of common database technologies (SQL Server) and operating systems (Linux)
- Experience with FIX and other drop copy exchange APIs
- Experience with exchange provided Trade Capture APIs
- Highly self-directed with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.