We are currently accepting applications for summer 2021 internships, and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis starting in August 2020.
HRT is seeking highly motivated full-time students for our software engineering summer internship program. We are looking for smart programmers who love to code and like collaborating with others. At HRT, coders are integral to the success of our trading. Our partners are programmers, team leads do a lot of technical work, and teams are run in a bottom-up way that encourages everyone to guide the direction. We highly value automated testing, design/code reviews, teamwork, and technical training. As part of the Algo Engineer team, you will build mission-critical software that powers our research and help us stay on top of an ever-changing financial marketplace.
What to expect:
- A fast-paced summer training program to give you an introduction to all technical facets of software engineering in the algorithmic trading industry
- Independent programming projects in HRT’s codebase and contributing to open source projects in languages like C++, Python
- After some intense, but brief, training you'll jump right into projects within the first week
- You'll learn all about HRT's systems, even in areas you won’t be working in
- You are a full-time student in a Computer Science or related program
- You will be graduating and looking for full-time roles in 2022
- You have experience programming in a language like C++, Python, or Java
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- No finance experience required
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world's most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we come from all sorts of backgrounds: mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, and engineering. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automated trading. Our culture celebrates great ideas whether they come from HRT veterans or new hires. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues, whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Seem like something you might be interested in? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are, we’d love to get to know you.