About the Position
We're looking to add full-time, passionate cybersecurity engineers to our London office who want to help our efforts to protect our company's people, data, and infrastructure from the wilds of the internet. Our cybersecurity engineers work on firm-wide defenses, provide expertise and advice to other groups, lead employee cybersecurity awareness efforts, and handle some of the event analysis and incident response responsibilities of the firm. We're looking for people who have a strong technical foundation, who are not afraid to build something themselves, who bring good taste to solving security problems, and who can reason about and effectively explain the 'why' behind security practices. Strong scripting is a minimum, programming a plus.
- Open to both junior and experienced profiles.
- Tapped into cybersecurity developments - You follow cybersecurity news and developments, but can tell the difference between the latest cool hack by security researchers and what actually matters in your day-to-day.
- Scripting or programming and surrounding practices - You have interest and ability to automate in a real programming language, ability and desire to manage your code and configs in version control, and knowledge of your editor (we don't care which though)
- Measured response - Not everyone should be locking their entire lives down in the name of security. You can discuss tradeoffs when it comes to cybersecurity, think about context, and understand what threat modeling is.
- Understand and practice good personal cybersecurity hygiene, and can talk to others about it. For example: You know what a password manager is, and either use one or have something which you can reasonable argue is better (airgap?) and can walk someone through the tradeoffs you've made. Seriously, we're going to ask you about this sort of thing during the interview process.
- A positive and collaborative attitude - You understand that a key component of cybersecurity is bringing others along with you on the journey.