About the Position
We are looking for a professionally-trained Engineer with practical problem solving skills to join a highly technical group, responsible for providing our trading and data center environments. Our goal is to successfully design and manage highly reliable trading floors, co-location facilities, and data centers for our business.
The specific discipline an individual has worked in is less important than a proven commitment to excellence, sound design experience, and an ability to demonstrate well-reasoned engineering decisions.
This position sits within our Engineering group, a team of creative problem-solvers who design with intention to optimize the work experience at Jane Street. Our team culture is highly collaborative, with specific responsibilities spanning all aspects of our physical infrastructure.
- 3+ years experience operating and maintaining the needs of mission-critical data centers, trading floors, or similar 24/7 facilities
- Familiarity with MEP disciplines including plant infrastructure, CRAC Units, UPS Systems, office HVAC, Generators, Fire Prevention and
- Building Management Systems
- Experience managing vendors, contractors, and suppliers in order to provide 24/7 support for critical infrastructure
- Strong computer skills and familiarity working with technical people in an IT-centric environment
- Handy enough to solve small problems in the field without a tradesman
- Able to be part of an on-call rotation for weekends and nights and quickly respond to critical system emergencies
- Experience working with professionally diverse teams, and interfacing with non-engineers and multiple business units
- Strong communicator with the ability to describe detailed problems with brevity and accuracy
- Fluency in English required