About the Position
Jane Street is seeking a market structure specialist to help create and curate content related to trading and market events. The position is based in London and covers Europe and Asia market developments.
- Proactively gather available market information to identify research topics that are relevant to our clients which cover the span of asset managers, insurance firms, wealth platforms, and pension funds.
- Work with client services representatives and regulatory affairs specialists to identify and address key client questions related to the evolution of the industry and of market structure.
- Work closely with product marketing specialists to create white papers and presentations covering key themes and trends identified.
- Develop and manage long-term content themes.
- Attend conferences and produce content in collaboration with the Business Development team and other external partners.
- A motivated self-starter.
- 7+ years of relevant market structure research and analysis content creation experience.
- First-hand experience working in the capital markets - e.g. for a market maker, an investment firm, hedge fund, bank, etc. - is a plus but not strictly necessary.
- Attention to detail and an ability to distill large amounts of complex information into readily digestible work product.
- Experience managing and influencing cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to work globally across different teams to build consensus and drive projects forward to completion.
- Team-player who will bring innovation and transparency of thought into creation of ideas and strategies.
- Adept at building relationships with thought leaders and senior personnel at buy- and sell-side investment firms, trading venues, institutions and other relevant external partners.
- Comfortable working with a wide array of software programs and across a range of media formats when creating content.
- Must be able to source, process and analyse data, with coding/programming skills a plus.