About the Position
Jane Street is hiring for a product marketing professional. We are looking for a strong product marketer with experience in financial services/quantitative trading, specifically in Exchange Traded Funds, Indexes, and/or Fixed Income products. This position touches many parts of our marketing effort, but will be largely content-driven. The ideal candidate will have ETF product knowledge and be able to leverage that in this role. Though this role will be focused on providing compelling content to our existing customers, we also expect the person in this position to be able to run print and electronic marketing campaigns, develop client content and presentation materials, and help plan our annual events calendar. Some of the responsibilities of the role are listed below.
- Work with traders, client services, and digital services leads in the firm to develop relevant and compelling product marketing content to be used across multiple mediums (e.g. webpages, client presentations, and digital content).
- Research and monitor industry research reports, media, and client inquiries in order to anticipate and create innovative content and programming for conferences and speaking engagements.
- Synthesize and utilize quarterly sales and trading data to produce client presentations.
- Work with outside vendors to guide and lead top industry surveys and research that Jane Street has historically sponsored.
- Individual will have the flexibility to create new content strategies and topics, and innovate around distribution and external engagement.
Marketing & Distribution
- Ensure consistency of messaging and data reporting across product marketing materials.
- Develop strategies and initiatives to increase client engagement and manage the overall client experience across all marketing channels.
- Review and analyze efficacy of marketing initiatives by monitoring client engagement, assessing conversion metrics, and tracking marketing ROI.
Design & Events
- Work with internal contacts and outside vendors on graphic design, event planning, and collateral.
- Maintain brand consistency in every aspect of design and event coordination.
- Exchange Traded marketplace, investment product knowledge and story-building expertise required.
- Ability to conceive, direct and execute innovative strategic projects from start to finish.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with ability to work across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of and ability to interpret and chart financial data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- At least five years marketing experience within the financial services industry or equivalent required, with at least two years’ experience specific to related products.
- Intermediary or institutional experience preferred.
- Previous experience that includes direct contact with sales force and in-depth knowledge of the sales process preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Industry specific certificates or licenses preferred.