About the Position
This position will be within the Trading Systems group at Jane Street's London office. The role involves a mix of operational and project-oriented work. The operational side of the job is focused on a support rotation where engineers are responsible for monitoring the health of Jane Street’s trading infrastructure and working with the trading desks and the other technology groups to understand and react to issues as they arise during the trading day. Quick thinking and effective communication are important parts of this job.
When not on the support rotation, engineers work on projects to improve the trading infrastructure, such as:
- Working with the Trading Systems developers to write code for Jane Street's trading infrastructure.
- Writing code to improve the stack of tools and systems for managing, monitoring and configuring Jane Street’s trading infrastructure.
- Working with exchanges and brokers to onboard trading on new venues or in new products.
- Improving our systems administration tools and practices.
- Extending and improving the documentation of our systems and procedures.
- Comfort operating in a Unix environment.
- Professional experience in software development and/or systems administration.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting instincts.
- A sense of responsibility, ownership, and urgency.
- The ability to perform and prioritize under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail.