About the Position
The fundamental research team develops innovative ways to overlay traditional stock analysis onto the firm’s core quantitative strategy and to expand the firm’s trading opportunities. The day to day analytic work is very diverse. We are looking for an experienced professional to join our global team of generalist analysts.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to team coverage of fundamental events & special situations.
- Precisely communicating valuation changes and investment theses to global trading teams in time sensitive environments.
- Developing and evaluating trade ideas that involve fundamental catalysts or valuation insights.
- Performing due diligence including valuation analysis for primary and/or secondary equity offerings.
- Interacting with sell-side sales and research contacts globally.
- 4-8 years of relevant experience analyzing securities (Investment Banking Analyst/Associate, Equity Research Associate, Buy Side Analyst or similar).
- Undergraduate university degree (BS/BA equivalent) or graduate work in a quantitative field is strongly preferred.
- Effective communicator.
- Fluency in English required, Mandarin preferred.
- Intellectually curious.
- Flexibility to consider intellectually rigorous but non-traditional equity trading strategies.
- Familiarity with accounting, financial statement analysis and financial modeling.
- Prior experience with VBA and/or SQL a plus but not required.