Hardware Engineers at Optiver build hardware-based trading systems ranging from low latency algorithms to high bandwidth computation. They are responsible for owning all aspects of the development process from ideation to implementation creating bespoke solutions to our complex trading problems. Their systems have little room for failure which add to the stability of the market, not detract from it. Working in close collaboration with software engineers and traders, hardware engineers deeply understand our trading problems and create dynamic, well-architected systems that make an impact in a matter of days and weeks rather than months and years.
Technology at Optiver:
At Optiver we pride ourselves on being real engineers, not just coders. Our engineers work closely with traders to identify the business problems we face and determine how they should be solved. We apply a disciplined and scientific approach. We engineer simple, well-architected solutions that meet the dynamic needs of our traders. Our passion is to solve problems which really matter to the business, and we take pride in the quality of our solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Accelerate network infrastructure and trading system components with high speed hardware designs.
- Research new low-latency techniques and platforms and identify opportunities for integration with our trading system.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of traders, software developers, and infrastructure engineers.
- Leverage the best hardware available or build in-house versions to ensure our FPGAs can interface with cutting edge server hardware.
- Manage relationships with 3rd party vendors.
What you'll need:
- A Bachelor’s degree in CE, EE, CS, or related technical field.
- Experience designing, coding, testing, and verifying FPGAs and/or ASICs.
- Experience coding in VHDL, Verilog, SystemVerilog as well as C or C++.
- Experience with RTL synthesis, writing timing, area, and other relevant constraints.
- Experience with digital simulators and self-checking test benches.
- Experience supporting post-silicon bring-up and debugging a plus.
- Ability to work closely with software developers to rapidly deliver integrated systems.
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading global trading firm. We provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices to anyone wanting to buy or sell financial instruments. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. We constantly look for opportunities to advance and improve our pricing, trade execution, and risk management. This rigorous approach helps us realize our mission each and every day: improve the markets.
Given the unprecedented situation of COVID-19, Optiver US is managing its business remotely. Please note this opportunity will not be remote long-term and employees will be expected to work in the office once it is safe to do so.