As one of the world’s leading Market Making firms, we at Optiver pride ourselves on our abilities to improve the market by providing liquidity in all market conditions. In order to grow our market making reach, we have begun trading directly with end users in the derivatives space and are looking for an experienced & dynamic Sales Trader to join our team.
The ideal candidate has experience within the listed fixed income, index and or commodities options space as well as strong selling and business building capabilities. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to our Sales Trading team by driving revenue and building out our market participant network. While working in a dynamic, collegiate and fast paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with counterparties in the listed fixed income, index and commodity options space
- Work closely with our Derivatives Traders to understand Optiver’s trading strategies and execute participant orders
- Develop participant profiles, reports and analyses on counterparties
- Actively update and manage a CRM system
- Work with our marketing team to develop and maintain content as it pertains to direct trading initiatives and products
- Attend and participate in conferences and seminars
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years’ experience in a sales trading or sales associate role, with a focus on fixed income, index and or commodity options. A plus if experience is across asset classes
- Strong knowledge about the derivatives market and its participants at CME & ICE exchanges
- Leverage existing contacts with derivatives end users, and the ability to build new relationships
- An ability to entertain and manage the organization of events
- Willingness to travel and meet face to face with prospective and current counterparties
- Strong communication skills and self-assurance
- Competitive attitude and eagerness to constantly improve
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Deep understanding of rules and regulations governing the markets we trade
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required; we will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a leading proprietary trading firm using technology to provide the most up-to-date and competitive prices in financial products around the world. Put simply, we improve the markets. Achieving this requires excellence in everything we do. That’s not merely an aspiration, but our reason for being.
We’re seeking people who up the ante with nerve, with guts and, most importantly, with heart. We’re looking for the bold. Does that describe you? Then opt in.