Targray is a diversified multinational commodity and advanced materials company that markets a broad range of products and solutions for high-growth energy sectors. Established in 1987 in Montreal, Canada, our organization is a leading international provider of materials for solar and energy storage companies, and one of the largest physical traders and distributors of Biodiesel fuel and feedstock in North America and Europe.
Targray has operations in 9 countries and over $500M USD in annual sales. In 2019, the company made its debut appearance on the FP500, Financial Post’s ranking of the top 500 corporations in Canada by revenue.
- Profit 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in Canada (2006, 2009)
- HSBC | International Business Award (2012)
- EY Canada | Quebec Entrepreneur of the Year (2016)
- Deloitte | Best Managed Companies (2019, 2020)
- Great Place To Work® Certified (2020)
We are looking for a Vice President of Commodity Trading to support the rapid growth of our global commodities business. As one of the most senior positions throughout the organization, the VP of Commodity Trading will report directly to Targray’s President & CEO, while also being a part of the Executive Team.
- The Vice President of Commodity Trading will be responsible for overseeing roughly 50% of our commodity trading desks worldwide. The Head Traders for these desks will report to the VP of Commodity Trading.
- Candidate will be overseeing several existing trading desks, building synergies between the desks, and contributing to Targray’s aggressive expansion plans and overseeing the start up of new desks.
- This role will be based out of Targray World Headquarters in Montreal, home to Quebec’s largest concentration of native English-speakers, most of whom are bilingual.
- We are looking for someone with considerable experience in commodity trading, and several years’ experience managing teams of traders both domestically and internationally.
- We are looking for candidates with experience in Agricultural Commodities Trading and/or Energy Commodities Trading.
- Experience in a senior management role with any of the following companies would be considered an asset: Cargill, ADM, Louis Dreyfus, Bunge, COFCO, Olam, Wilmar, Viterra, Glencore, Vitol, Trafigura, Mercuria, or similar.
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, candidates must be willing to relocate to the Greater Montreal Area. In 2019, Montreal was ranked the 5th best city in the world for expatriates by InterNations.org, and the 4th best city in North America for quality of living by global consulting firm Mercer.
- Beautiful, spacious and modern workplace environment
- Highly competitive remuneration
- Flexible work arrangement policy
- On-site gym facility reserved for employees
- Generous company-wide profit-sharing plan
- Medical and dental insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer matching
- Subsidized healthy lunch program with fresh meals served daily
Targray provides a highly-competitive remuneration plan and an excellent working environment in a growing multinational firm focused on creating a more sustainable global economy. For more information about our company, please visit https://www.targray.com/.