About the Role:
Tibra is a successful, global proprietary trading firm deploying a diverse range of strategies across multiple asset classes on the world’s most competitive financial markets.
Application Engineers at Tibra are responsible for all Trading Technology across the company. We have a lot of influence on the technical direction of the platform and tools that our development and trading teams use. You will be involved in helping shape the future of our cutting-edge platform and the teams that build apps on top of them.
The team consists of engineers dedicated to ensuring the best possible systems and responses across all areas of the Tibra business. Dedication and motivation is a key ingredient coupled with a proactive solution-based approach to all our activities.
- Market leading merit-based Bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Pool table and a wide variety of fun company activities
- Massages and Personal Training Sessions provided
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowance
- Opportunity to benefit from in-house and external training courses
- Opportunities to Travel (Post COVID)
- Work with smart, passionate and driven people
What you will be doing:
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks - Measurement and optimisation of system performance
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting trading software and systems
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing server infrastructure as and when required
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Create technical documentation related to system configuration and operation
Key skills & attributes
- An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
- Logical/analytical thinker
- Linux Administration skills
- Demonstrate eager ownership of issues and follow through to ensure completion
- Strong Investigation skills to explore multiple paths using own initiatives
- Team player but can work independently and unsupervised
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
- Experience working with on-premise system deployments
- Docker experience
- Monitoring technologies (ELK, Influx, Grafana)
- System configuration tools (preferably Chef/Puppet)
What does success look like?
Success in this role will require you to adapt quickly to changing requirements and keep pace with new technology.
- After 3 months you'll have a good understanding of our existing technology stack, and you'll be problem solving problems within our stack.
- After 6 months, you'll be well established within the team, and able to work independently on most of the platform components/services.
- After 12 months, you'll be taking on responsibility for new project work and day to day requests coming into the team