About the Role:
Tibra is a successful, global proprietary trading firm deploying a diverse range of strategies across multiple asset classes on the world’s most competitive financial markets.
Data Engineers at Tibra are responsible for all data purchased or created. Data is the core to our success at Tibra and you will be involved in helping create and shape the future of our cutting-edge platform and helping other teams build apps on from the resultant data streams. As a senior hire within the team you will be helping to set the direction of how we build out this platform and apply your deep technical knowledge to our challenging problems
The team consists of engineers dedicated to ensuring the best possible systems and responses across all areas of the Tibra business. Dedication and motivation are key ingredients coupled with a proactive solution-based approach to all our activities.
- Market leading merit-based Bonus scheme
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Pool table, Table tennis and a wide variety of fun company activities
- Massages and Personal Training
- Insurance cover
- Generous leave allowance
- Opportunity to benefit from in-house and external training courses
- Opportunity to travel (post COVID)
- Opportunity to learn about financial markets
- Work with smart, passionate and driven people
What you will be doing:
- Designing and Building out our next gen data pipeline, to be run on prem in kubernetes infrastructure.
- Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks - Measurement and optimisation of system performance
- Maintaining and Troubleshooting Data pipelines and databases
- Introduce and integrate new technologies into existing server infrastructure as and when required
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Create technical documentation related to system configuration and operation
Key skills & attributes:
- An ‘all-rounder’ with an enthusiastic attitude who wants to understand more about technology and the business
- Data Warehouse experience on Prem
- Proficient in at least one programming language preferably python
- Logical/analytical thinker
- Linux experience
- Demonstrate eager ownership of issues and follow through to ensure completion
- Strong Investigation skills to explore multiple paths using own initiatives
- Team player but can work independently and unsupervised
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be a reliable quick thinker who can work under pressure
- Experience working with on-premise system deployments
- Have knowledge around Data lakes
- Monitoring technologies (ELK, Influx, Grafana, Prometheus)
- Jupyter Notebooks
What does success look like?
Success in this role will require you to adapt quickly to changing requirements and keep pace with new technology.
- After 3 months you'll have a good understanding of our existing technology stack, and you'll be problem solving problems within our stack, you will be actively starting to suggest improvements and building out new data pipelines.
- After 6 months, you'll be well established within the team, and able to work independently on most of the platform components/services. You'll be a subject matter expert for Data piple lines and storage within the team.
- After 12 months, you'll be taking on responsibility for new project work and day to day requests coming into the team