Tibra is a world-class diversified trading firm operating in the world’s most advanced financial markets with offices in Sydney (Bondi Junction) and Austinmer in Australia and London in the UK. At Tibra, no day is the same. Our work is challenging and dynamic, which means that our working days can vary in all aspects. We reward insight and we celebrate success. Our culture is supportive and collaborative. You will be challenged and stretched to bring your ideas to the table and apply them to the business. Our people are our greatest asset, which is why we don’t compromise on quality: we are looking for the best. We are looking for smart, curious people with a scientific mind and a fascination for finance and capital markets.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will integrate systems and APIs across various corporate (non-trading) functions, primarily Finance. They will leverage skillsets in data analytics and coding to identify and implement new opportunities for automation and scalability.
The Developer - Finance is a newly created role in the Finance team and will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team in managing our SQL based trading reporting system, our business intelligence database, implementing a robust development process, and working closely with the finance team on other automation and dev projects. The role will require strong BA skillset, noting that the role works directly in the team and will not be a “pure” dev role.
1) Ongoing management and development of our internally developed SQL based front office trade reporting system including continual development to support new strategies
2) Design, testing and implementation of integration scripts and software
3) Ownership of existing scripts spanning based largely on Python and SQL infrastructure as well as domain-specific applications and tools.
4) Support the design of new data schema to onboard and centralise historically separated data stores from other departments
5) Maintaining a deep understanding of the various corporate functions and their needs
6) Leveraging relationships and an inquisitive mindset to identify cross-department systems integrations
Experience & Skills:
1) A Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering (or similar)
This full time role is based in our Austinmer office, the successful candidate will have the option to work up to 3 days per week from home and 1 day per week from our Bondi Junction office.