For our Trading Innovation Solutions team in Düsseldorf we are looking for you!
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Designing and implementing robust, integrated, cloud-based software solutions with a focus on innovative technologies to accelerate our algo trading and analytics capability
- Working closely with front office and risk stakeholders to transform their business requirements into trade automation and analytics solutions
- Align with other developers, data scientists and design architects throughout the full agile development process
Who we are seeking
- Bachelor's or an MS in computer science, engineering or other related discipline
- 5 to 10 years experience in software engineering with OO programming languages like Java, C# and C++, as well as significant experience with scripting languages like Python or R
- Web and database development experience – GUI and full stack development
- DevOps, Docker / Kubernetes, IP networking and cloud technologies
- Experience with trade automation and analytics, as well as middleware and streaming technology (eg kafka, flink) is a significant plus
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with agile delivery processes (Scrum, Kanban etc) as well as familiarity with energy trading and risk management would also be a plus
- Excellent communications skills (written/verbal), fluent English, with emphasis on demonstrated ability to convey complex technical principles to non-technical audiences
- Intercultural awareness and international orientation