For our Market Risk/ Trading Portfolio Team in Düsseldorf we are looking for you!
What we offer
At Uniper, we believe in rewarding our employees for their hard work. We offer competitive salaries, company pensions and performance related benefits. Our people can also take advantage of our extensive flexible benefits package with discounts on high street vouchers, health and dental care, holidays and more.
How we work
Our people are key to our success. Our core objective is to provide them with a supportive and entrepreneurial work environment that fosters collaboration. This allows our people to take responsibility and make optimal use of their skills. Together, we want to shape the future of energy.
What we are looking for
- Manage portfolio market risk: Analyse exposures, synergies, diversification and concentration risk
- Evaluate non-standard / structured deals and conduct ad hoc analysis on market risk mitigation strategies across Uniper's trading portfolio
- Support commercially and challenge Uniper’s commercial areas with analysis on trading strategies by providing comprehensive quantitative and qualitative descriptions of risk/return potentials
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulation by actively collaborating with the quantitative team to further develop methods for risk assessment
- Represent and present the managed portfolio to senior stakeholders and management
- Think commercially about the development and implementation of new products and hedging tools in markets and steer new business approvals
- Understand front to end processes and work effectively across all levels of the organization to challenge, promote dialogue and drive cooperation
Who we are seeking
- Background in risk management or trading with an investment bank or energy trading company
- Familiar with option theory and risk metrics and ability to manage interface to quants team
- Strong analytical orientation with focus on accuracy of information
- Ability to quantitatively analyze and identify risks using simulation-based modelling and other methods
- Broad knowledge of European & Global energy markets
- Ability to engage in balanced and independent interaction with commercial teams
- Strong team player with experience of working in an international and multicultural team
- Fluent in English (additional languages welcome)
If you have any questions about this role, please contact:
Please note that applications by e-mail cannot be considered for data protection reasons.
Uniper is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from appropriately qualified and suitable candidates regardless of gender, origin, disability, age, religion, worldview, sexual identity or family status. We promote diversity, equality and flexible working.